Three Cheese White Pizza
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 container marinated artichokes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about a cup)
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Remove the dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced garlic in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat 1 1/2 minutes or until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add 6 cups spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- Combine cheeses, milk, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Top with spinach; bake an additional 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven; brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut into 6 large slices.
The other two pizzas followed the same techniques. The White Clam Pizza was inspired by this site.
|The basics, thought the pizza stone produced a much better final product. A firm, crispy and chewy pizza!|
|Rolling out the refrigerated dough, remember that flour is your friend.|
|Preferably use a pizza stone, sprinkled with course cornmeal. We used a metal pan for this one.|
|Sliced mozzarella and some olive oil.|
|Add ricotta, baby spinach and marinated artichokes.|
|Our fist pizza is assembled.|
|It was in the oven for about 15 minutes at 500 degrees, with a two minute period on low broil to brown crust.|
|The finished product.|
|Two slices please.|
|Christina was pleased.|
|Looks good, right?|
|On to the veggies version. Slice them up nicely.|
|I added some ricotta dots and sliced kalamata olives.|
|Whole Wheat pizza with zucchini, squash, red peppers, black olives and ricotta.|
|And now the mother of them all, the white clam pizza!|
|Chopped clams, minced garlic, sprinkled dried oregano, basil, pecorino romano and drizzled olive oil.|
|Into the oven on the pizza stone, with corn meal sprinkled on the preheated stone.|
|It was divine!|
|Sans one slice. This pizza, cooked on the stone was crispy and firm. Truly an excellent pizza. Good Luck!|